Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 73.

Last night was success no doubt. I can tell by how I felt this morning - slightly hungover. But everything is finished now and I can do what even I want to for a few days. That would be studying Latin and going to another museum, the last one on my list, the Centrale Montemartini. I also used some time to discuss Vitruvius and the castellum that he's describing.

I could post hundreds of pictures from this museum (Centrale Montemartini
) but four will have to do for now. Enjoy!


A mosaic depicting fishes. Notice the resemblance to this fresco at the Palazzo Massimo (Day 24 and 51).


A beautiful statue, notice how the colour contrast to the background.


Another one, this time a Venus.


And at last, a shot of the general environment. Stunning!

No comments: