Saturday, April 4, 2009

day 9.

10 days in Rome so far, I can't imagine that I've already been here for that long. Anyway it's a Saturday and I decided to leave the library for a moment and took a stroll down to the Forum. Here's some of the shots:



Many have heard of them, few have actually seen them and the numbers of those who climb them are easily counted. May I presented the stairs of death. I'm sure they have a real name as well, probably something nice and religious but I tell you, it's a long walk up there. I've also decided that it was time for me to appear as some people found it curious that I never showed up myself. Here I am!



Italy got to get her own picture sooner or later.


Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele.
No that's not even the full name! What did they think of? And why the very white marble, a more yellow warmer tone would fit in much better with the imperial fora.


Column of Trajan.Nope, I'm not going to tell you anything about this one, if that makes you feel uncomfortable I suggest Google. This is a must know.


Far down into the ground I find this hidden place with water dripping and long shadows. Beside this alley it also contained a reservoir that someone claim belonged to the Aqua Virgo. I'm not convinced.

No comments: